Today’s pole barns come to life by combining a time-tested method with modern engineering and materials. Also known as post-frame construction, these buildings can be the storage solution for your residential, commercial, and agricultural needs. Many people even build pole barn homes!
Incredibly spacious due to their unique construction method, pole barns add incredible value to your North Virginia property. You can install oversized garage or barn doors, include a wide-open interior design plan, and so much more.
If you’ve been considering new construction, our team at Sheaffer Construction is ready to work with you to design and build you a personalized custom pole barn for your Northern Virginia property. Our years of experience equip us with the knowledge and tools to deliver you a reliable, dependable structure that will last for years to come. Give our team a call now or contact us to get your free quote today.
Why Build a Pole Barn in North Virginia?
North Virginia is known for its nature-loving residents. With rivers and wetlands, rolling hills, and the peaks of the Blue Ridge Mountains, it’s a beautiful part of the country. Plus, economically, the area is rapidly expanding.
Many property owners in Northern VA are there for its proximity to urban areas while still having their own country home or farm life. They need large structures for their horse barn, workshops, extra office space, or farm building.
Whether you need additional storage or want to construct a new home, a pole barn building is something you should consider. They will save you considerable costs due to their signature design and shorter construction timeline.
Save on Time and Money
The foundational posts or poles holding up the structure mean your foundation and structural costs will be less than for a traditional building. You can even leave the underlying ground raw (gravel, dirt, etc.), especially for farm-use buildings.
Contractors can more easily construct these buildings with less overall structural labor and in less time than other buildings. So, you will save on both time and money.
Designing a Pole Barn for Your North Virginia Property
The versatility of pole barns is ten-fold. Do you want to add storage to your rural property? A pole barn will do the trick. Is your suburban home in need of a guest room or craft space? A pole barn building is a perfect solution for a quick build at a low cost.
Once you’ve weighed your options or perhaps you are trying to decide what’s best for you, what do you do? What questions do you need to ask yourself next?
As with any building project, carefully considering your options is the first step. Working with an expert pole barn builder or project manager is an excellent place to start. Remember, the team at Sheaffer Construction is happy to offer you recommendations and expertise. They will help you comb over the details and break down what your available options are. So feel free to contact them for a free quote at any time.
Some things you should consider when planning for a new building:
- Budget: How much am I able to invest, and what do I want to splurge on?
- Features: Are there particular features I need to consider or accommodate?
- Size and Space: What will we use the space for? (Animals, cars, aircraft, farm equipment, guest house, garage, workshop, etc.)
- Heating and Lighting: Will the building need: air-condition, heat, and lighting? What kind of insulation will we require?
- Doors and Windows: Will I need to install specially sized windows or an oversized sliding barn door? Should we install skylights?
More Than Just a Barn: Other Ideas for a Custom Pole Building
A pole building can serve a plethora of needs. From businesspersons building a small country store or commercial event venue to a residential family-style home, the options range far and wide. Here are a few of our favorite and the most popular options:
- Pole Barn Garages – If you are looking for a garage or detached garage, a pole barn structure is an excellent design model. Plus, we install premium hydraulic garage doors, to ensure your garage is as functional and visually appealing as possible.
- Work Shops – Does a backyard workshop to store your woodworking tools sound like what you need? We can design a custom workshop outfitted with a work station, dedicated storage for small and large tools, and even an area for large vacuums.
- Horse Barns & Stables – Pole barns are a popular solution for providing refuge to prized horses or livestock. They are adaptable and secure living spaces to safeguard your animal from the elements and assure owners that their prized animals are safe, happy, and healthy.
- Aircraft Hangars – Do you own an aircraft? Pole barns spacious design means that you can build out a custom-sized structure where you can store your entire airplane, crop duster, or privately owned plane. Pole barn hangars can be insulated and ventilated for optimal storage regulating temperature and humidity.
- Mancave or Shecave – Maybe you are a crafter looking for a she-cave where you can scrapbook with decorative paper or sew together a quilt. Or, perhaps you are a guy looking for a man-cave where you can practice brewing beer and shooting pool with your pals. Regardless, the custom features and sizing needs can accommodate either or even both!
- Guest Apartment or Custom Home – Pole barn buildings can also serve as a place your kids can stay when they visit. Many individuals and families are also looking to pole barn design for building their custom, budget-friendly, and dependable home.
The team of expert builders at Sheaffer Construction will work with you from the beginning of your project to close out, answering any questions you may have, and making any necessary changes or additions to your garage.
Permits for Pole Barns
While permits are often intimidating parts of the process, they are essential to ensuring safety and compliance.
When remodeling, upgrading, or building out new structures, you want to make sure you have the best of the best. Permits help ensure that your new building complies with the laws and the best practices for building, electricity, plumbing, and mechanical projects.
Knowing how your building will be used is essential to the process, especially when it comes to farm buildings. If you plan to use your building or any part of it for any purpose that is not farming, that will determine whether or not it is considered a “farm structure.”
Working with builder professionals can help ease the burden of the permitting lingo. Our experts at Sheaffer Construction are well versed in the particularities of North Virginia local permitting. They are happy to help walk you through the entire process.
Work with Our Expert North Virginia Pole Barn Builders at Sheaffer Construction
Give us a call at Sheaffer Construction to begin planning your personalized pole barn. Our dedicated team will work hard to design and build exactly what you need. We use only high-quality products and bring our expert craftsmanship to make your ideas come to life.
We dedicate our work to serve our clients needs. So just tell us what you are looking for and have the peace of mind that our friendly team is there to make the process straightforward for you.
Contact us today for your free quote and to learn more about our range of services.